Monday, April 30, 2007

Inspiration from Gratitude

I was only half way through my workout this morning and feeling quite sick from the exertion so I lay down with my feet raised as I do between sets when I'm that way.

As I lay there thinking about the pain I felt in my muscles when I was doing the last reps I suddenly had a big smile on my face and felt really grateful.

I realised how lucky I was to be able to do what I was doing. Firstly I could choose to do it or not and how much to do. (Not like in the army when I had to do it when they told me.) And secondly I was able to do it.

I saw Stephen Hawking on TV the other day when it was broadcast that he went on a Zero Gravity flight and experienced weightlessness. He would have to be one of the most remarkable men in history and he cannot even move! I reckon he'd love to be able to do a workout.

So even though I was pooped and felt like stopping I kept going. At least I had arms and legs and they worked so thanks Stephen for your inspiration.

No comments: