Saturday, April 21, 2007

The diet that works

Thanks Sheena. I appreciate the feedback.

Last night I saw a segment on one of those current affairs shows about Oprah and how she is the "weight loss queen" of daytime TV. God I nearly threw up.

It makes me sick that they make such a fuss about and hang on every word of a person who has done (when it comes to dieting) the same as millions of others. Now she's found "the diet that works".

Now she's certainly done a lot of good in the world with her money and she's pretty courageous but there are many lesser known mortals like Jesse Cannone and Tom Venuto and (humbly) me who have been spreading the real truth, the simple truth, the whole truth so help me God, about weight for ages.

It really is simple... maybe not that easy to pull off because of the mental aspects that people struggle with, but there is no real mystery to it. Fewer calories in than out and the best way to get the deficit is through exercise, both cardio and weights, because there are other benefits as well. There's the truth in one sentence.

With consistency, persistence and determination, and the application of good nutrition information and a few simple rules, just about anyone can get off the weight loss yo-yo program and achieve the body they want. It's no different really than going for any poal. With EFT the mental emotional aspects are made easier to deal with too.

The main thing people need then is someone to keep them at it and that's what I like to do. I love being encouraged. I commit more, I work harder and achieve more. I think everyone likes some positive encouragement. You can't get too much of it.

So to you who encourage me I say thanks. Make it a great day.

No comments: