Thursday, April 26, 2007

Get out of bed

Sometimes I just don't feel like getting out of bed... it's dark, it's cold, I'm so comfy... I have little debate in my head going on about the merits of staying in bed.

Most times I end up getting up. The argument that generally pursuades me goes something like... Winners do the things that progress them forward even if they don't want to do them. And even if getting up early that morning doesn't make much difference, I'm building a good habit and my own self discipline - two more things winners have.

So it's worthwhile getting up early. Interestingly, once I'm up I'm happy to stay up and I feel glad that I got up. I can always reward myself later with a 20 minute power nap or relaxation session where I plug myself into some subliminal or brain entrainment or whatever.

Making yourself do something you don't feel like but which is to your benefit is strangely empowering. Try it. Then on the morning when it is raining and you want to lie in and listen to the rain you can allow yourself that luxury with a clear conscience because you know you've earned it.

No comments: