Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Up with the stars

I like getting up early. This morning my wife couldn't sleep so she got up before me and remarked "The stars are still out."

My reply was, "You know what they say... Get up with the stars and you become one."

Now I don't think 'they' say that at all because I've never heard that saying before, but I thought it was pretty good. So I'm claiming it. Maybe one day we'll see it among those lists of well known quotes.

"Get up with the stars and you become one." – Alwyn Beikoff

By this I mean, having the strength of character to do things you may not feel like doing, but if you do do them, you will be advancing closer to your dreams.

It could be getting up early. Most people like to enjoy a lie in for a little while after they wake up. But if you do get up early you can get a bit extra done. Just think, one extra hour a day gives you over 15 days worth of time. So there's a tip on how to get an extra two weeks out of the year!

But getting up with the stars could also mean doing anything that will progress you in life, even though you don't feel like doing it at the time. It's what successful people do. They do the things unsuccessful people don't want to do.

I reckon you could be a star too. Maybe you already are one. You can always shine brighter though.

No comments: