Sunday, March 25, 2007

Change is opportunity

My training partner went away grape picking for two weeks. Now this could have been a good excuse to have a break from working out myself. Sometimes a total layoff is a good idea in fact, but I don't like to make those times any more than a week at a time every couple of months.

It could also be a good opportunity to give my body something different for a little while. That's how I prefered to see his absence. So I did a one muscle group a day blitz for the next two weeks. My wife stepped in to help me keep up the intensity and I appreciated that because it's too easy to stop too soon during a set of exercises when by yourself.

So next time there's a change to your routine avoid looking for the excuses you can find in it. Instead look for the opportunities in it... No not the opportunities to slack off or take a break! Opportunities to improve yourself in some way. Good on ya.

No comments: