Friday, June 8, 2007

First hurdles

I was thrilled to receive an email from a friend telling me that she’d lost 13kg since I first met her at one of my weight loss workshops. Considering she was 255kg and quite dis-spirited after years of no progress despite her weight loss efforts this is great progress.

Okay it may have taken four months but we must consider that coming from 255kg and making those first gains (or should I say losses?) is the hardest step; those first hurdles always seem to be the highest. And the more obese a person is, the harder it is to get moving in the right direction.

Now that she’s done that much however, there should be NO DOUBT in her mind that she can do it. From here on she can build momentum and make further progress. It’s the beginning of a long journey and she’s on her way.

If you are like my friend Debbie, you can do it too. Just make sure you never give up. If you need a kick in the pants or a gentle word, remember I'm here and you can call help if you need to.

No comments: